The Carrie Diaries Makeup Tutorial






























I absolutely love The Carrie Diaries. The Carrie diaries is a tv show based on the book from Candace Bushnell, this book is set before the sex and the city books. It's about Carrie Bradshaw only she's still in high school and is just starting to enjoy life in the city. It is set in the early 1980s so the clothing in it is absolutely fabulous. Carrie is played by AnnaSophia Robb and even though I look nothing like her I still wanted to recreate this look for you today. Note that my lipstick looks a lot brighter than hers but in fact they are quite similar in real life.

Here's how to get this look in 5 easy steps:
  1. Make sure your skin looks flawless and radiant. Start by applying moisturizer and if needed a primer. After that apply either a foundation or BB Cream, I used the Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream. Finish off with concealer and powder.
  2. Secondly apply a pink blush to the apples of the cheeks. Make sure you don't over do it, all we want is a subtle hint of color. I used the Sleek blush in Rose Gold. Then apply a highlighter where the light would naturally hit your face. If you want to you can do a slight contour. 
  3. Now the eyes. Carrie always has a brown natural smokey eye. You can use any shimmery brown color you have. Apply it all over the lid and underneath the eye as well. 
  4. Take your black eyeliner and line your eyes very close to the lash line, don't go all the way into your inner corner. After that grab your favorite mascara and apply a few coates, I used Maybelline the Rocket.
  5. Line your lips, make sure your lipliner matches your lipstick perfectly. Get a brush to apply the lipstick, you want it to look as perfectly as you can. After this step you are all done!
Have you ever seen the Carrie Diaries?

8 comments:

  1. Love this look and your glasses! I've never seen the Carrie Diaries, but know I'd probably love it!

    Denise | Pretty*Petite*Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. your eyebrows are gorgeous!


    ive just done an ootd! check it out?
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice and beautiful blog ! i really like it ! I want to invite you to mine, maybe u wanna follow each other ? If yes, just follow me and let me know ;* I will do the same as soon as possible ;*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of this series but I definitely need to watch it.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the makeup look!
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your makeup looks beautiful, as do you, love your glasses btw, they really suit you

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! First time to your blog. I wondered if that show would be any good. I haven't seen it on the TV to tune in. This is making me want to see it, Sex & The City is a secret indulgence for me.

    ReplyDelete

The Last Broken Road. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.