White Nail Polish

I spy with my little eye a new nail trend. Remember the tipp-ex nails back in primary school or high school? Well they're back. Yet this time it is not tipp-ex but it is nail polish. A trend that is totally classy and sophisticated when handled right. Just like black nail polish white nail polish is something most people are hesitant about. It is something that stands out and isn't for everyone, but why not give it a try?

Over the past month I have seen a couple of my favorite bloggers rocking this trend and I must say they do it well. This gave me something to think about; when is white nail polish hot and when is it not. I came to the conclusion that it depends on the shade of white, it is better to go for a slight off white than for that bright hospital white. Good shades are: Marshmallow by Essie and Funny Bunny by OPI.

Next to the right shade you can also tone it up a bit by putting a glitter top coat over it or even doing some nail art. If you are not familiar with nail art you can either get your nails done or do something simple like put a rhinestone on it. You can't go wrong with this look, make it your own.

Pictures: Weheartit.com 

1 comment:

The Last Broken Road. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.